Position Title: Technical Support Engineer – Level 1
Location : Shanghai – P. R. China
Division: Asia Pacific Technical Support Centre
Immediate Supervisor: Supervisor, Asia Pacific Technical Support Centre
Provide troubleshooting assistance for Rockwell products to customers, Rockwell Automation field support personnel, distributors, and systems integrators.
Investigate and verify product problems in software, firmware, hardware and documentation. Document the problem via the SAP Service Ticket system; and work with other appropriate RA technical departments to resolve the problem.
Contribute to knowledgebase documenting problems, work-arounds, solutions and common “how to’s”.
Maintain personal knowledge of Rockwell products and technologies by attending internal and external training classes and reading relevant technical documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical assistance to customers over the telephone, email or chat. Use appropriate resources, such as knowledgebase, documentation, other local or global TSC engineers, or product simulation, to answer the enquiry.
2. Where on-site support is necessary, transfer to service administrators across North Asia to dispatch a field service engineer. Provide a technical briefing to despatched engineers and give telephone support to field service engineers.
3. Ensure that technical enquiries are documented fully into the SAP Service Ticket system, ensuring completeness of information so that Technical Support in USA or product engineering can reproduce an engineering fault, and develop fixes.
4. Write or update technical notes for the KnowledgeBase, and other documentation to provide on-line solutions to commonly experienced situations.
5. Provide a simulation and analysis of faults for customers through use of technical support lab when necessary, making appropriate recommendations.
6. Follow the support procedures of global TSC to provide worldwide support consistency and maximize customer satisfaction for global accounts.
Assist Sales Growth
7. Within the scope of the above tasks, every effort is to be made to encourage customers in the purchase of new equipment; product upgrades, support & maintenance contracts and the use of paid support services.
Maintain Technical Competency
8. Maintain current technical knowledge of Rockwell products, associated equipment, and technologies by:
• attending internal and external training classes
• undertaking developmental tasks, such as participate in a field service call
• online and self training
• reading relevant journals, product manuals, KnowledgeBase articles
Minimum: Diploma or Certificate in Electrical or Electronic engineering or IT or appropriate work experience
Preferred: Degree level education, in Mechatronics and IT / Computer Science
Minimum:Fluent (Verbal & Written) in Mandarin
Preferred:Fluent in English and another Asian language, eg. Cantonese
Minimum : One year practical application in a customer service technical role, either telephone or field support
Preferred: At least 1 year experience in designing, installing, commissioning or maintaining industrial automation systems and applications, preferably with Rockwell Automation equipment
- Experience with industrial automation control engineering
- Knowledge of computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems. preferably with MCP Certification
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Intranet, Internet and Lotus Notes
- Understanding of communications – i.e. Serial RS232/RS485, Ethernet (TCP/IP) – additionally Modbus, DH+ and Controlnet
- Techniques such as ODBC, OPC, ActiveX, VB and C++
- Understanding of programming control system strategies using Function Block Diagrams, Sequence Flow Control diagrams and Ladder Logic
- PID control loops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills and experience
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
- Ability to take ownership of issues and managing the issue through to satisfactory conclusion / resolution
Various medications obtainable online to why to waste time and visit apothecary if you can easily purchase drugs sit at home. To order medicaments online from a well-respected web-site is safe. Viagra is one of the best-known medications of all when. What about "viagra vs cialis" and "viagra vs cialis vs levitra"? Where you can find more information about "viagra cialis"? Of all the things in the field of public health that pique our attention most, it's erectile disfunction, specially "levitra vs viagra". Several far-famed remedies can mean screwing with your orgasm. However, only your sex therapist can decide if Viagra or other remedy is right for you. Online directory is a ideal way to find a physician in your area who treats this kind of health conditions.